SUGAR PLUM FESTIVALS

Friday, May 17, 2024

Today's post I'm sharing less known characters created by Tim Burton...

TOXIC BOY - MUMMY BOY - STAIN BOY - 

PENGUIN BOY - OYSTER BOY -

THE BOY WITH NAILS IN HIS EYES -

THE GIRL WITH MANY EYES - 

ROBOT BOY - JUNK GIRL

BRIE BOY - STARING GIRL

PIN CUSHION QUEEN

They have a fan base with Tim Burton fans - comics can be found for purchase at collector shops online and sometimes you might get lucky and find the figurine sets too...(AMAZON HAS A FEW FOR SALE!)




Tim Burton's Tragic Toys for Girls and Boys was a series of vinyl figures of the characters from Burton's poetry book 'The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories'. This limited series released in 2003 by Dark Horse Comics included iconic characters such as Roy The Toxic Boy and Stain Boy.



Remember when I shared if you see something you really want, don't hesitate - buy it?!...


Well case in point here. I serviced a local Barnes and Noble and all the sets were for sale on clearance -HOWEVER, I told myself I'd get them at a later date. Next time I went in to service all of them were gone...

UGH


These limited box sets are now discontinued, but largely sought after by collectors and avid fans.



And so the hunt begins...!

No comments: