SUGAR PLUM FESTIVALS

Thursday, July 25, 2024

     Today's post I'm sharing with you some of  Michael's 2024 Halloween Decor.


Since I started my blog (this one and the one prior) - I really only desire my posts to be positive and informative.


This post however will NOT be positive - but still informative.


As you know I LOVE HALOWEEN 24/7 - 52 WEEKS A YEAR.


 I shop early. I still purchase tons and tons of Halloween even though it fills 2 1/2 bedrooms and a 10 x10 shed and now my garage. Can't get enough.


I hit all the stores online and in person!


I will not be hitting Michael's this year.


Their line this year is AWFUL. I don't know who or what decided that their Halloween line should have 1970's pink wallpaper prints and icons embedded in it - but whoever gave them the okay should resign, along with all of the individuals who 'designed' these horrible products. 


Don't get me wrong, I love it when creative minds add not-so Halloween colors and additions to Halloween decor. But this is overkill and done very badly. Literally looks thrown together without any thought and absolutely no creativity whatsoever. The materials ARE CLEARLY CHEAP. Thank you China!


I predict these items clearly will not leave the shelves anytime soon.


Because I love Halloween, the CEO of Michael's will be getting a letter about it - yup, I'm that kind of person!


 Hey, I worked retail merchandising 40 years of my life - believe me, they read customer letters! And with a weak economy and a soon to be failed line of Halloween products, they'll want to know why. They won't get that information from the individuals who decided to mix the Brady Bunch and Halloween together - they want to here from you and I, the consumers


Feel lead to contact them too? Be my guest:  prcontact@michaels.com 

customercare@michaels.com

custhelp@michaels.com

Ashley Buchanan CEO

3939 W John Carpenter FWY

Irving, TX 75063


The first photos are of Halloween items that are great products!























Now - THE WORST OF THE WORST


















































And there was more - but it was just an overload of awfulness.


Hopefully Target does Halloween the justice it deserves.

No comments: