SUGAR PLUM FESTIVALS

Sunday, April 28, 2024

 Todays' post I'd like to share with you an 

AMAZING CLAY ARTIST...


ANTHONY - ACE OF CLAY


I've worked with all sorts of different mediums of 

art - but a majority of them I did years ago. I had art in school, and although I loved it (along with photography) I became discouraged due to the teacher insisting that I follow specific apparent "guidelines" when working with each medium. I'm sure her intentions were good - but it completely discouraged me to create ANYTHING with any art medium and style.


This is why I admire Tim Burton so much.  He enrolled in the California Institute of Arts, where he majored in animation, graduated in 1980, and began working as an apprentice animator for Walt Disney Studios. However - Burton had/has his own personal style - and found it painful and discouraging not to express artistry HIS WAY and was forced to 

animate the way Disney wanted it. 

He left to pursue his love for HIS art style, and he's happier and successful for doing so!


I found myself relating to Tim Burton's desire to be artistic HIS WAY - not how everyone else wants to see it, or what's popular - but how he see's it - how I see it. Not to please the public, but to be myself and do what I love and how I envision it! 

Thank you Mr. Burton...!


And thank you Ace of Clay!

Anthony of Ace of Clay does the same! 

He encourages, shows techniques, reveals great product advice and his creations are absolutely spectacular! 

I can't say enough about his encouragement to all those who watch his YouTube videos as he designs and creates a character from start to finish...most artist's don't share techniques, supplies, etc. - in fear of competition or ...(?)

But not Ace of Clay - the love of the art is priority and his encouragement for others to create is sincere!


So after watching a few of his videos - I thought it was time to get my hands on clay again! This time with no art teacher "instructing" me over my shoulder that my portions are off or the subject 

matter makes no sense to her. 


I encourage everyone to check out Anthony - Ace of Clay on his YouTube video tutorials, his Facebook and Instagram accounts and his shop - whether you plan to create or not...you'll be blown away from 

his creations and 

his love of creating!


Links below and in images!

Enjoy!


MY FAVORITE!










FABULOUS!




PERFECT!







One of my favorites!


ANTHONY HIMSELF!

Links:

https://www.youtube.com/@aceofclay

https://www.facebook.com/aceofclay/

https://www.instagram.com/aceofclay/?hl=en

https://www.aceofclay.com/


I'm looking forward to start creating - cannot wait for my supplies to be delivered!

Until then my list of characters that I want to create grows everyday!


Thanks Ace of Clay!

No comments: